We are confident that the new year is off to a great start! The children have already begun to act on their resolutions. We have discussed that “resolutions” are like making a promise that you try to keep all year long. Our list is posted, if you would like to see what your child has promised for the new year! Have you made your list? What would make the difference in your life? Perhaps we could encourage ourselves like we do the children and have these resolutions become reality for the year 2013.
1. Parent Conference: Conferences will be scheduled for January 16th, 21st and 23rd Monday and Wednesday evenings only! 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. This conference time is for the adults only. Please be on time so you get the full 30 minutes you are entitled to. Please see calendar posted for available times and dates. Sign up now! No conferences are advised for children in Ms. Lacy’s room. Let us know if you would like an in-house observation time.
2. Let’s Learn About Germs and How They Grow!!: A great topic for the “Flu” season!
3. Summer Program: scheduled to begin Monday, July 8th, and end Friday, August 30th. Confirm by April 31st (Spaces for 20 children only!) Subject to number of students. Parents interested in the summer camp schedule, please check back here for school updates. Registration forms will be made avail here online: Fixed Pricing- All Day, 5 day Students at $155 per week, 5 day with 3:30 pick up at $135 per week, Half-Day students until 12:30 at $120 per week, 5 day, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm campers $135 Drop-Ins welcome at $40 per day, not including extras (swimming etc.)
4. Please read the bottom portion for information about our Montessori Country Day Camp.
5. Spring Vacations: The School will be open Monday, April 8th at – Friday, April 12th for Day Care Only. There will be no extra programs this week. Weekly rates will remain the same. All day & half day students are welcome! Daily drop-off care is $35.00 per day. Regular Classes will resume Monday, April 8th.
6. Martin Luther King: Our class has designed a project around “dream!” I have a dream to… Be… what are your dreams – where do your inspirations come from? We would like to know!
7.* Special Event – To be announced. – Animals in winter – Abbotts Mill Nature Center.
Summer Program Registration: Please let us know if your child will be attending. Registration forms and summer contracts will be made available here online. Fixed Pricing- All Day, 5 day Students at $155 per week, 5 day with 3:30 pick up at $135 per week, Half-Day students until 12:30 at $120 per week, 5 day, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm campers $135 Drop-Ins welcome at $40 per day, not including extras (swimming etc.)
*Please be reminded The Montessori Country Day School remains comparable to the Little School and Wesley Preschool. Academically we offer the best education for your child. Our rates include early morning drop off and late afternoon pick up. Our all day price will remain at $155.00 per week (including day care hours), or $130 excluding day care hours (8:30 – 3:30). 1/2 day program program is $100.00 per week; All parents are required to sign a 2013-2014 tuition agreement. Additional expenses such as field trips and extra material costs may occur throughout the year – parents will be notified in advance. Our extra programs such as Science, Chinese, and Music will continue to be offered at no additional cost to you.
*Any days lost due to bad weather, or forced closings shall be made up at the end of the scheduled school year.
Lastly, school will be open on Monday, Jan. 21st. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Margaret A Kling Directoress A.M.I. and Staff
PS: All weekly payments are due by Monday of that week, and a late fee will be accessed Tuesday. Late fees for pickup will be enforced. Parents are required to give exact weeks their child will be attending.
Montessori Country Day Camp Weekly Schedule
The camp hours will be Monday – Friday with early drop off available upon request and latest pickup is at 5:30
Students must arrive on or before 9:30 for any trips. 8 weeks starting Monday, July 8th – Friday, August 30th, 2013.
Monday – Montessori Monday! In-house activities only. A.M.: Computer classes with Ms. Pam – 9 to 11
Montessori Lessons with Ms. Peg – 9 to 11/ P.M.: Outdoor Play & Art activities in the afternoons.
Tuesday – A.M.: Swimming at the Y.M.C.A – Time TBA
*Parents will agree to pay a $5 additional fee for each swim day/ P.M.: Music Granny Franny
Wednesday – A.M.: Computer classes with Ms. Pam – 9 to 11/ P.M.: Brecknock Park
Thursday – A.M.: Swimming at the Y.M.C.A. / P.M. Science with Ms. Bonni
Friday – A.M.: Gym at Stick-It Gymnastics – 10 a.m./ P.M.: Chinese with Ms. Ying – 1 p.m.
- * Exact itinerary will be given to each parent within the first week of camp. Special trips may include Abbotts Mill nature center walks, fire station and PetSmart.
- * All day, 5-day campers $155, half day, 5-day campers $120. 5 day, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm campers $135. Half day pickup is at 12:30.
- *All lunches will be at the school.
- *On Tuesdays and Thursdays, students may come dressed in swimsuits and flipflops. They must bring a change of dry clothes for the pm activities.
- *Each parent MUST sign a Camp Safety Policy Form.
- *Please see Ms. Peg with any questions.
School Cell: 302-222-4416